I always feel triggered to learn a new language, especially if I want to travel to a new country. Sometimes you just want to learn the basics to be able to communicate with the locals and sometimes you end up feeling like learning the language entirely. In either of those scenarios, my main source was the internet. So, as a Turkish native speaker, I thought it would be a great help to gather all the websites with free Turkish lessons for those who want to learn Turkish. You will find the list below. I didn’t necessarily categorize them as being top sites or apps etc. But they are one click away. Just bookmark the post and continue with websites you’re comfortable with.
And feel free to comment under this post in Turkish. I will reply back and it will be a small practice for you. 🙂
- turkishbasics – Link – It covers many topics for beginners.
- Duolingo – Link – You must have heard Duolingo already. It might be a fun start.
- Live Lingua Project – Link – They provide free resources such as e-books and audios.
- book 2 – Link – You will find free 100 lessons here.
- Yunus Emre Enstitüsü – Link – You need to sign up to the website but you get free interactive lessons.
- elon.ıo – Link – There are 181 lessons.
- Turkish Tea Time – Link – Free Podcasts – There are 136 podcasts available about the Turkish language and culture.
- Free Language – Link – Good articles and guidance.
- co language – Link – There are various free exercises plus you can practice your Turkish with native speakers.
- dilbilimi – Link – Even more free grammar lessons.